<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/2788099911493643682?origin\x3dhttps://kym-i-12.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Love is our Resistance ♥
They'll keep us apart, they won't stop breaking us down

Biography

The name is i-kim. Pronounced similar to kimmi I am a girl, love outdoors, adventure. Love to be loved, kisses and hugs.

bold underlined strikethrough italic


Mediabox

"If we live our life in fear,
I'll wait a thousand years
Just to see you smile again "


Sweetdesires

xoxo


Tagboard

cbox recommended.
preferred maximum width to be 200px.


Linksboard

Meet the people I love♥

friend friend friend friend
friend friend friend friend
friend friend friend friend
friend friend friend friend
friend friend friend friend

Pastentries

Are you sure you want to turn back the time and read about my past?

♥ February 2010
♥ March 2010
♥ April 2010
♥ May 2010
♥ June 2010
♥ July 2010
♥ August 2010
♥ September 2010
♥ October 2010
♥ November 2010
♥ December 2010
♥ January 2011
♥ February 2011
♥ March 2011
♥ April 2011
♥ May 2011
♥ July 2011
♥ August 2011
♥ September 2011
♥ October 2011
♥ November 2011
♥ December 2011


Creditorials

NEVER REMOVE THIS SECTION!

Layout Designer:
♥chocodiiction-lovesxoxo*
Others:
♥ ♥ ♥


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I am really thankful for the golden opportunity given to me last month. Can't thank God enough for this. As in attach to a Fall and balance's Nurse Clinician.
It has been two weeks. Learning still in progress. Along the way, I pick up things especially those nitty gritty informations. Initially, I did a lot of scanning of documents in office when NC is not around to guide me. Otherwise will be at outpatient clinic observing assessments done on patient by doctors and the Physiotherapist.

Today, I went to see a case by myself in the ward. It was pretty rushing. Patient going to be discharge at 2pm, the nurse from the ward called the handphone that I'm holding at 11am to report the fall incident that's occur at 10am.

My job is to inform my NC when received calls. She asked if I am comfortable to go to see patient alone. I paused for a second and said 'Okay sure!' Normally doing assesment would take pretty some time especially when I am still learning. Also, my NC gotta orientate new staffs at 1.30pm. Clinic still got one more patient to follow up.

Went up to the ward. Nurses seeing my new face pretty surprised! I then sort of explained a bit before I proceed digging out the casesheet. Of course I greeted the patient first. Adorable 77 year old lady. :)
Interview her how the fall incident happened and so on. Did a physical assessment just like how my NC does. Findings OA knee, kyphoscoliosis.
Read through history from casesheet, medication she taking, referral letter, parameter..

After everything I feel comfortable to leave. Advise given to patients regarding fall prevention at home and so on.

So, I back in the clinic I showed my document to NC. Whoa!!! She threw questions that I can't answer!!!! She is a bit surprise that I missed out certain assessment. After some explaination from her, I told her I will go back and dig more informations.

This time yeah!!! I really review through everything seriously. Check necessary assessment like postural drop, her wrist, gaits, the feet- wide base or narrow base, any shuffling, how is her spine, piriton for what kind of itch, when was the referral, wasthe medication started, gabapentin side effect- any advise given to patient?.
NC taught me that assessment has to be done from head to toe and not to jump straight in to the problem. Which is so true!!! I admit my mistake.
Anyway, she did praise me for the second time presenting to her. Except that, I forgotten to read up the MRI or CT brain findings. To exclude CVA or to diagnose Parkinson.
Yeah...time to read up again.

Been and back from PPI tutorial. Everything is good, been briefed about assigment 1 - Analytical essay.

By the way, in the morning I attach to this (geriatric assessment clinic) GRAC NC, she taught me a lot of things!
The 5i that is under GRAC.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

♥our lips must always be sealed
9:16 AM